datasheets.com EBN.com EDN.com EETimes.com Embedded.com PlanetAnalog.com TechOnline.com
Events
UBM Tech
UBM Tech

Using a Flash-based FPGA as the Root of Trust in Embedded Secure Boot Applications

Authored on: Jun 1, 2013

Technical Paper

0 6
More InfoLess Info
Booting from known trusted code is a prerequisite for the secure operation of embedded systems. If the initial hardware and boot code can be trusted, then this trust can be extended to code loaded and executed later by using cryptographic techniques, such as digital code signing. Many embedded processor chips do not have full support for authenticating the initial boot code they load and run. In this case, trust is harder to achieve, but with the help of an external root-of-trust device the assurance level can be raised significantly. Flash FPGAs are a good candidate to supply this root of trust because of their unique combination of security features, on-chip flash memory, extensive I/O, and performance.
6 comments
write a comment

No Avatar

BloklinTimes1 Posted Dec 8, 2013

I have found this article very exciting. Do you have any others on this topic? I am also sending it to my friend to enjoy your writing style. Thanks repuestos toyota

No Avatar

Farence4Wies Posted Dec 15, 2013

This conent is simply exciting and creative. I have been deciding on a institutional move and this has helped me with one aspect. Cheers! medicare supplemental insurance comparison

No Avatar

rick903 Posted Mar 24, 2014

I think using flash to so good these days. So many different options that go into using it. So many benefits with this process that you offer. Great job on the offer here. Keep up the good work. http://snurl.com/28pw3g5

No Avatar

peterparker90 Posted Apr 9, 2014

I would not use the same technique for my applications. The reason is that, not many are using this technique. There should always be a ROM in the system. If you allow the trusted list to get through boot flash and let it modify the program, the viruses can use the same technique too by tricking the system to some kind of trusty one. payment processing srv

No Avatar

lololiuikjuzh Posted Apr 23, 2014

bravo bravo bravo

No Avatar

lololiuikjuzh Posted Apr 23, 2014

This is a truly good site post. Not too many people would actually, the way you just did. I am really impressed that there is so much information about this subject that have been uncovered and you’ve done your best, with so much class. If wanted to know more about green smoke reviews, than by all means come in and check our stuff.bluewafflediseaseblog.blogspot.com

Please Login