In-Home Displays: Enabling the Smart Grid into every home
With global warming being at the forefront of many government policies, everyone is being challenged to drastically reduce their personal energy consumption in the home. To take that responsibility they must, as a minimum, be able to conveniently correlate different activities with energy consumption. More complex systems allow connection to the Smart Grid to monitor and intelligently control many devices and functions within the house. Mentor and Atmel will discuss how to implement Intelligent Energy Monitors and more complex In-Home-Displays with the flexibility and price performance points to address the most demanding needs of the consumer and the energy suppliers.
What You Will Learn
- What the Smart Grid is and how to connect to it
- How smarter systems can assist in driving down energy consumption
- How to maximize investment by reusing hardware/software platforms
- How to easily differentiate your device from competitors without the expense of coding
- Embedded system designers interested in devices to connect to the Smart Grid
- Engineering and project managers working on consumer and industrial devices
Gordon Cameron is the Platform Solutions Manager for the Embedded Systems Division of Mentor Graphics. He has over 30 years experience in the embedded industry covering both hardware and software disciplines. His experience spans the design of microprocessors in the late 70's and early 80's, through multi-processor system design and debug, to software design tools, simulation Operating Systems and User Interfaces. Gordon gained a BA from the Open University in the UK.
Frederic Gaillard joined Atmel as Product Marketing Manager for ARM-based microcontrollers in 2008. He has over ten years of industry experience in support and marketing of 32-bit microcontrollers. Prior to Atmel, Frederic held similar positions with STMicroelectronics. He completed his engineering degree in 1997 at the Technical University of Montpellier, France.